You are in the right place for information on Group Yoga Classes and Private Yoga Classes!
On this page:
- Group Classes Online
- Group Classes (Face to Face)
- Private Yoga Classes Online (for Individuals)
- Private Yoga (for Individuals and Small Groups)
Be Covid Safe
All locations that I teach classes for in Canberra are now reopened with Covid Safety plans in place. If you are attending a group class at one of these locations, please refer to their individual Covid safe guidelines.
- We should maintain social distancing of no less than 1.5 metres (if two people outstretch their arms, they should not touch).
- Practice mindful hygiene routines of washing hands or hand sanitising before and after classes, plus thoroughly cleaning your yoga mat with a mat-safe cleaner.
- Bring your own props if possible. It’s not a requirement, but a number of locations are not offering prop usage for hygiene safety reasons.
- Do not come to class if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, sore throat, coughing or runny nose, etc. If you happen to have a random sneeze or cough come on during a class, cover your mouth and nose in your elbow crease.
Do you want to know What is Happening This Week? The weekly update can be found on my Facebook page every Monday morning. Any last minute changes to the regular group class timetable will be there.
Group Classes Online
Online classes are awesome! You can attend a live yoga class via Zoom from anywhere in Australia and New Zealand, as long as you have a stable internet connection and device with a webcam. These classes are great for anyone who finds it difficult to get to a yoga class in person, especially if you are in a remote area, maybe timing doesn’t fit your schedule or you are uncomfortable entering a gym or yoga studio space.
Due to the increase of in-studio classes, events and training in 2021, the online classes are on break with the exception of the Accessible Yoga class.
Monday, 12:30pm (By Donation)
This class brings the yoga practice to the comfort of your own home and your body, using what you have available to you and working with how you feel on any given day. The flow and approach of the class is to nurture and invite your own exploration of yoga. We will check in, breathe, move and come into a restful state to finish.
Vinyasa is a flowing sequence of yoga poses, pairing breath and movement together. The class may have specific areas of focus in Asana (physical poses), Pranayama (breathing), and other fundamentals of yoga. Options are offered during the class so you can customise your practice.
Restorative Yoga focuses on a fully supported practice to rest and return balance to the body. As we move through the sequence of long supported holds, we explore releasing tension and observe where we can find comfort within the body, breath and mind. A great way to finish off your evening!
How do these Group Classes Work?
Group Classes Online are booked via Acuity Scheduling. Please make sure you set up a Client Account within Acuity, so it will remember any forms you have completed. If you are not logged in on your account in Acuity, you will be prompted to complete all the compulsory new client forms again. If you forget your password for Acuity, it will give you the opportunity to reset it. Payments can be made through Square on this booking app. Class descriptions are available when you browse the classes on offer. You will need to select your time zone as online classes are international. (At this time, classes are not offered for anyone living in USA or Canada for insurance purposes).
When you have followed the booking steps on your selected class and made payment, you will see a confirmation screen and also receive a confirmation email with further details including directions to access the Zoom room. Bookings for classes close one hour before class is due to start.
You will need a reliable internet connection and a laptop (or computer) with webcam and microphone. Set up in a space away from family and pet distractions, preferably with the laptop on a coffee table or surface of a similar height and your mat positioned within the video camera frame. Sign into Zoom early for class and you’ll have an opportunity to adjust your mat. Have any yoga props or prop substitutes near you. Pillows, cushions and blankets make great substitutes for bolsters, just as a scarf or tie can be a great substitute for a yoga strap.
Your microphone will be muted when entering into the room, so there is no sudden conversation heard from your end. Video will be required so I can see your practice and provide any necessary feedback. You will be given instructions at the start of the class on how the online class will operate before it commences. If you experience any technical difficulties in making a booking or accessing the Zoom room, please email email@example.com well before your class is due to start. Late entries to the Zoom room are not permitted.
Group Class Cap
The group classes held online are currently capped at 12 participants for optimal instruction.
Price List for Group Classes Online
- Online Casual – $20
- Online Casual (Concession) – $15
- Online 5 Class Package – $75
- Online 10 Class Package – $125
- Unlimited Online Group Yoga – $35/week
- Unlimited Online Group Yoga (Concession) – $25/week
To access concession prices, contact me to set up your concession code.
Donations for the Accessible Yoga online class will be forwarded to charitable/not-for-profit organisations. From November 2020 to the end of February 2021, this will be Accessible Yoga. From March to June 2021, Frontline Yoga, bringing us into alignment for a seasonal donations period. July to September 2021 will kick this off with The Yoga Foundation. Suggestions for future organisations that could benefit from the Yoga with Sare Accessible Yoga donation class are welcome. To be considered, they need provide accessible and inclusive yoga related services for people that would otherwise find it difficult to access yoga.
Terms and Conditions Regarding Online Appointments
- Only the client that signed up for the class can attend the online class. Additional people or a substitute person at the other end of the webcam is not permitted. Each person that registers will lodge their Participant Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PARQ), which is a health check and agree to a waiver statement before their first class.
- Anyone living as a resident or citizen in the United States or Canada is sadly unable to participate in Yoga with Sare group classes online due to insurance zoning.
- All attendees in an online class are strictly prohibited from recording any video, images or sound from the live class for personal use or redistribution. The teacher will not be recording live classes unless it is announced when advertising a certain class for recording. If a recording takes place, consent from all participants will be noted in the chat window of the Zoom meeting. The chat record will be saved at the end of the class.
- Class participants are expected to treat their fellow students with respect and courtesy, particularly in group discussion if the class includes this. Healthy, constructive conversation in classes is appreciated. Any students openly engaging in hate speech, bullying or profanities will be removed from the group.
- Card payments can be made through Square on the Acuity booking app. Cash is currently not accepted or carried for face to face appointments. If you need to discuss payment options with me, use the “contact me” link at the bottom of this section.
- Payment is up front for all online appointments. It is non-refundable, however you are able to move your booking to another class if you take that action 24 hours before class is due to commence. Anything less than 24 hours on a casual booking may incur a cancellation fee of 50%, meaning you will have 50% credit towards your next booking.
- The first Unlimited Online Group Yoga subscription payment is charged when you set it up. This will cover the following week in advance. It will then renew the same day of each following week. It will auto-renew each week unless cancelled by the client.
- Arrive early to ensure your computer equipment is operating and your mat is positioned for the class. If you arrive early (at least 10 minutes) and there are any technical difficulties that cannot be resolved immediately with the teacher, you may receive a class credit. The teacher will follow up with you after the class (or next day if it is the last evening class) to help you resolve your access issue.
- If class is cancelled on the same day by Yoga with Sare, students will be credited with a make up class. Cancellation by the teacher may happen in exceptional circumstances where, for example, there is a technical difficulty at our end with the hardware or software being used.
If you have any questions that have not been answered here, please contact me.
These are my regular face to face group class offerings and locations. If you are interested in one of these classes, simply click the button to be redirected to the matching gym or studio. You will then be able to find out the current Covid Safety plan requirements specific to that location and booking system, if booking is required. I am also on teacher cover lists for other locations. Any additions not part of the regular classes will be included in the What is Happening This Week post on Facebook and Instagram.
- Monday, 6:00pm Vinyasa
- Monday, 7:30pm Beginners Course
- Thursday, 6:00pm Vinyasa
- Thursday, 7:30pm Yin
- Sunday, 9:30am Vinyasa
- Tuesday, 6:00pm Yoga.
We cycle through Vinyasa, Core and Yin class styles each month.
- Wednesday, 9:30am Yoga
We cycle through Vinyasa, Core and Yin class styles each month.
- Wednesday, 5:15pm Vinyasa
(coming in March)
- Wednesday, 7:00pm Yin
- Sunday 4:00pm, Yin Yang
- Saturday, 4:00pm Yin Yang
- Sunday, 7:30pm
Relaxation Earth Flow Online
Private Yoga Classes
Online Private Appointment
These online private classes are great for anyone who finds it difficult to get to a yoga class in person, especially if you are in a remote area, maybe timing doesn’t fit your schedule or you are uncomfortable entering a gym or yoga studio space. This is invaluable in creating your personal yoga practice, where prerecorded classes may fall short. In this private setting, we can tailor a class to your specific needs and goals.
The Initial Appointment (below) is at an introductory price as we will spend time completing your intake form and initial assessment, and include a shorter practice than a standard hour long appointment. Five and ten class packs are available for this service. Options can be discussed during your appointment.
I offer these classes via Zoom, but can do Skype if that is your preferred choice.
Refer to the above section for “Terms and Conditions Regarding Online Appointments” on this page (Group Classes Online).
Private classes can be beneficial as you receive an instructor’s undivided attention in your yoga practice and progress. You have the opportunity to ask questions about your Asana practice and discuss options specific for your needs. These classes are dependent on my availability as well as the availability of a studio room to hire. The appointment costs by themselves are:
- 1 Hour Initial Appointment – $75.00
- 1 Hour – $80.00
- 1 1/2 Hours – $120.00
- Location/Travel – By Quote
- Studio Room Hire – By Quote
- Mat/Equipment Cleaning Fee (if supplied) – $10.00 Not currently offered due to Covid.
The Initial Appointment (above) is at an introductory price, the same as the Online Initial Appointment. We will spend time completing your intake form and initial assessment, and include a shorter practice than a standard hour long appointment. Five and ten class packs are available for this service. Options can be discussed during your appointment.
The potential costs involved in delivering these private classes can be discussed and quoted, obligation free.
Mates Rates Class
Do you want a Private Yoga Class for you and your friends? Get them together and try a Mates Rates class, available for up to three students. This option is a great way to share the cost and still gain the benefits of a personalised class, compared to a group class. An initial appointment is required for each person before they join the group. Five and ten class packs are available for this service.
- 1 Hour – $90.00 (E.g. 3 ppl = $30 per person)
- 1 1/2 Hours – $135 (E.g. 3 ppl = $45 per person)
- Location/Travel – By Quote
- Studio Room Hire – By Quote
- Mat/Equipment Cleaning Fee (if supplied) – $10.00 per person Not currently offered due to Covid.
To discuss options and availability for any of the face to face Private Yoga Classes, send a Contact form to start a conversation with me.